Thursday, March 29, 2012

In Time (2011):

Starring:
Justin Timberlake - Will Salas
Cillian Murphy - Raymond Leon
Amanda Seyfried - Sylvia Weis
Olivia Wilde - Rachel Salas
Johnny Galecki - Borel
Michael William Freeman - Nardin
Vincent Katheiser - Philippe Weis
Adam Jamal Craig - Girard

Director:
Andrew Niccol (Gattaca; Lord Of War)

Synopsis:
In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system.

Review:
The Future. Where Time is money.... literally. Instead of a world run by moolah, the world is purely run on how much time is left on your life. At some point in the future (never actually explained to us) someone, mostly likely "The Man" developed a way to I guess genetically enhance babies in the womb so that they have a built in timer in their arm? So when they turn 25, they get one year left on their life, unless they work, beg, borrow, steal to get more time. This must be come magical future where they have unlimited resources. Because as far as THIS future goes, the most advanced technology were looking at is more ipad's that keep getting better. Maybe by this time in the real future we'll be carrying around ipads the size of medium sized TV's.The general concept of the movie is that it's a commentary of the 1% controlling the 99%. That there is enough to share for everyone, but they don't so that the poor people die. You get your fair share of action, drama, gun fights all that jazz. The creepy part is that, you never age physically past 25, so no matter how old you are, that's what you will look like for the rest of your life. So.... you could be banging someone who's over 100.... just think about that! Yuck. I was super excited to see this film when I saw trailers for it. But after seeing it, I don't know what it was but I really had to think about why I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I still honestly don't know why I'm not super high on it. The acting wasn't bad, the action was good, the storyline was pretty good. Just something I guess I can't put my finger on. It's not a bad film at all, I'm sure you might like it. Small role by Big Bang Theory Star Johnny Galecki is pretty good. Also Angel's son, Connor from the TV Show Angel....Not a selling factor but hey, thought I'd point it out.

S.P.R.: B-/40
Acting: 8/10
Plot: 8/10
Cinematography: 8/10
Intrigue: 8/10
Extra: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment